Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 16 - Struggling

You wouldn't think I would be struggling just 16 days in...but I am.

I'm actually doing quite well with my food, at least calorie wise.  Lose It has me on about 2600 calories a day (which to me is insane) and MOST days, I'm well under that, but hundreds of calories. Some days I get crazy and go close or completely over, but overall for the week last week I think I was like 1800 calories under my budget.

Where I'm struggling is the exercise. I got the bike fixed finally, but there it sits in the garage, not moving.  I even get up at 5 am with the idea of going out for a ride and then I stand in my living room, trying to come up with reasons not to go.  "I need more sleep." "I'm just going to check my email real quick." "It's too humid."  Lame.  Every stinking excuse is lame.  But yet, it works.  So what happened on Monday when I weighed in? I gained 0.4 lbs.

It's like need hand holding yet I'm 31 years old with a family and home. I need to snap out of this....

2 comments:

  1. So last week was horribly hot and humid. I do the same thing to.

    I wish I had some words of wisdom to get you moving at 5:00, but I don't. I know you'll feel better once you get going. And just think, you'll be done with exercise for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. We both will fat side tracked once and awhile but we are going to help each other to get back on track. I think the new bike will help. I believe on you.

    ReplyDelete