Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 21

Well things are going a little better.

My friend Mike let me use his bike, which is really nice and now I've been out biking each of the last two mornings. I've felt pretty good after each one.  I'm going to do the exact same route for a week just to be able to compare how my legs and lungs feel after each one and be able to compare. Then I plan on adding length each time hoping to really be able to go a decent distance on it eventually.

Food was so so this week.  I ate out a lot, especially this weekend.  We went to the county fair not once but twice and went to Chicago for a Cubs game yesterday. I only ate at the fair once, but we ate out the one time we didn't eat at the fair.  Since I have an insane amount of calories according to Lose It, it's not really that hard to stay under. So two weeks ago I was 3,025 calories under budget and this week I was 3,928.  I think that's probably to high since I had to guess on most of my food over the last three days. But, I guarantee I was under for the week.

All of this led to a weight loss of 0.6 lbs last week.  I've lost 4.8 lbs in three weeks which is still almost two pounds ahead of schedule which is great. Just have to keep reminding myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm going for the long term goal of 50 lbs. Can't wait to get there.

Thanks to every one, especially my wife, for their wonderful support.  I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Good job. I forgot to weigh in this morning. So I will update mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember too Mike, Your Calorie allotment will go down as you lose weight. As you up your activity more and more, you will plateau if you don't have enough readily available calories to burn. The key is GOOD calories. Slowly digested carbs and lean protein :-) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am very, very proud of you!!!!! and i'm hoping once i get a brand new knee, i can get back onto my bike, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete