Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 7

The first week has been very challenging.  It started off well with me getting up early to bike and exercise. But, by day 3, I discovered that my bike has a flat tire.

So now it's day 7 and my bike still sits in the garage with a flat tire while I sit here not really exercising.  I was eating much better, staying under my daily calorie limit according to Lose It! so that was a positive.  But in my head, I knew I wasn't getting much activity in and that I probably wouldn't lose much weight.  But hey, at least I'm starting to make that lifestyle change of food and for me, that's the biggest hurdle.

But I stepped on the scale this morning and since day 1 I have lost...4.4 pounds! I couldn't believe it.  Not only had I lost weight, but I had lost 3 pounds more than I had planned.  I understand that it was mostly water weight and that I won't be able to do this every week, but for me it was a great motivator to see that my food decisions are paying off.  Hopefully as we buy more healthy items when we shop, this will become easier.

And hopefully I can get my bike fixed very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your link at the Lose It forum. I hope you got your bike fixed. Physical activity has been my saving grace for losing weight and keeping it off. I've lost 81 pounds so far and I still have more to lose but I'm well on my way. I really want a bike, I think it'll be a lot of fun in addition to my other activities. I see you want to run again so I'm assuming you've run in the past. My husband just did his first 5k race recently and he used to run back in the day when he was in the service. He's lost about 50 pounds so far, we're both losing weight together. I hope you'll visit my journal, too. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete