Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1

Weighed in today to start my 52 in 52 at 268 pounds.  Yuck.  I'm 6'0" tall and that's not a good weight to be at.  I'm probably at least 100 lbs over weight, without even looking it up. Here are some starting out photos.  Shield your eyes from my fat belly.


A few friends have decided to start a Biggest Loser competition, or as they like to call it, a "fat man" contest.  Every one put in 20 bucks and who ever loses the biggest % over the next year wins. Hopefully that serves as another motivator to keep this up.

Went for a bike ride this morning.  It was pretty pitiful. It was the first time I've gone for a bike ride in a long time.  I went last night to put air in the tires and made sure the seat height was correct. Well, as I was riding it felt like I was dragging the bike.  I checked the tires again this morning and they seemed ok, at least they weren't flat.  So I'm going to check the seat height again tonight.

So here we go.  I'm starting at 268 so my goal on July 18, 2011 is 214 lbs. Go me!

2 comments:

  1. Bike riding when you're out of shape is something else, isn't it? As a kid, I remember bike riding felt so free like flying on the ground. I took a couple of bike rides shortly before I started this lose weight plan with loseit, just to get a little activity in and MAN! The first time, I also felt like the bike was dragging and before I made the circuit around my community I was ready to pass out! The second time was still a challenge, & then I didn't go the next week... or the next week... or since then. That is my bad habit with exercise... Maybe I'll make bike riding one of my 4 workouts a week I'm trying to get into the habit of doing. It was definitely hard work & I'm curious what difference losing 29 pounds has made in my biking abilities!

    I think I need to adjust my bike also. Before my first ride I added air to my tires & adjusted the seat for my short legs, but I was still uncomfortable. I think maybe I need to raise the handle bars a little. Perhaps that will make it a little more easy going also.

    Good luck with your weight loss! You have a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    Yeah I can only go a few miles right now before I feel like my legs weight 50 lbs. I'll be interesting to see how that goes as I go on.

    ReplyDelete